PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION AND APPLICATION PPGA2
Duration Of Course: 2 Days
Course Location: Lagos
Course Description: The course concept covers both technical and most essential theoretical aspect of power generation through photovoltaic cells, and consequent application of the power generated.
Laboratory analysis of the characteristics of photo cells and other system design component parts makes the learning a bit advanced and interesting, but exposes the engineer or a re-trainer to a level of knowledge that will enable great information impact on students with confidence.
It is simply an advanced or extension of PPGA1.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is meant for qualified engineers or graduates with knowledge of Physics or basic electricity. It is extremely recommended for both high school and university students and lecturers. Graduates who attend this course during or after youth service will enhance their ability to secure jobs faster or start their own company.
Labvolt and Edibon training systems with tropicallised, assembled and functioning set of solar energy systems.
Advanced Course Exercises And Practices
- Determination of the typical parameters of the solar panels
- Study of the existing relation between generated power and power of solar radiation
- Study of the maximum performance of the solar panels
- Study of the influence of the temperature on the tension of open circuit solar panels
- Study of the behavior of the solar panels connected in parallel
- Study of the behavior of the solar panels connected in series
- Study of the behavior of the system connected in parallel depending on the temperature
- Lamps illumination profile study
- Efficiency, experimental determination
- Influence of the angle of incidence on the temperature
- Determination of the solar cells that make up the solar panel
- Determination of the P and N side of the cell
- Determination of the first quadrant of the I-V curve, without illumination of the solar cells
- Determination of the inverse current or the saturation current with regard to a solar cell without illumination
- Dependence of the voltage of open circuit (V) with the lumens
- Determination of the characteristics parameters of a solar cell without illumination
- Relation of the maximum power with the power input
- Determination of the parameters that define the quality of a solar cell
- Solar energy measurement
- Measurement of the solar panel voltage in the vacuum
- Determination of the cells disposition in a solar panel
- Measurement of the maximum power for a solar panel with load
- Measurement of the solar panel voltage in vacuum with Constant illumination and different temperature
- Study of V, I, W according to different loads
- Familiarization with the regulator parameters
- Study of functionality of the photovoltaic system series/parallel with connection of different loads and without support of the storage batteries
- Study of functionality of the photovoltaic system series/parallel with connection of different loads DC and with support of the storage batteries
- Connection of loads to direct voltage
- Study of functionality of the photovoltaic system series/parallel with connection of different loads without support of the storage batteries
- Study of functionality of the photovoltaic system series/parallel with connection of different loads AC with support of the storage batteries
- Connection of loads to alternative voltage of 220V
- Study of the grid utility inverter